You’ve been seeing this guy for a few months now. Things are going well. You love each other, and you’re both committed to the relationship. Now, your mission is to make sure he sees you as wife material.
I’m going to help you figure out how to brand yourself as wife material to the man that you love. Here are my top 7 tips:
- You know how to handle yourself. Of course, guys always like a damsel in distress, but when it comes to being his WIFE, a guy wants to know that you can handle yourself. That means that you know how to live life independently and you don’t always need to him to do everything for you. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to also be as financially independent as possible. Guys will respect you for it – and they will be more likely to see you as wifey material.
- You’ve got some brains to back up that beauty. This doesn’t mean you have to be a scholar coming out of Yale, but showing that you’re more than just a GORGEOUS face is one of the biggest things guys look for. The best way to show off your intellect is to always grow – teach him about the things that you love. For example, if you’re into plants, you can tell him about all the species that would work great in his living room. Or educate yourself about something you’ve always wanted to know more about and then challenge him. Even though guys say a smart girl intimidates them, a guy NEEDS to have a wife that can stimulate his mind on a regular basis.
- Take care of yourself. Of course, this one’s a pretty obvious one… but if a guy senses that you will let yourself go in the future, he’ll more than likely run for the hills. So keep active and healthy – not for him, but for yourself too. And remember, guys are EXTREMELY visual creatures and they can’t help but be attracted to someone who they find physically gorgeous… so use this little psychological trick to your advantage here.
- You force him to be a better man. I always say… one of the best signs that you’re with the RIGHT person is if that person brings out the best in you. So do this for him! Help him grow… whether it be physically, intellectually, or spiritually. Support him and his passions. Support his work or his education. Doing so will force him to view you as future wife material… I can promise you that.
- Get along with his friends. That doesn’t mean you have to like them or want to hang out with them… but if his friends see you as “the cool girl”, it’ll force him to really value what he has. Guys want to feel like they’re better than their mates so give him one big reason to think that he has the coolest girl in the world!
- Focus on shared values. This one can be a tough one because some people have hardcore, set values that they can’t change. But it’s important to hone in on the core values that you DO share together. Are you both family oriented? Then make sure that you have your family life in order at all costs. Do you guys value independence and travel? Then help him (and yourself) find ways to save up for that next big trip to South East Asia. Remember, he has to view you as his teammate… because the more he sees you in this light, the more likely he is to consider marriage with you.
- You call him on his BS. Calmly. Honesty is the backbone of any strong marriage… and if you’re always telling him the sweet stuff, he’ll trust his instincts and run for the hills. Guys value that upfront attitude. That means if he’s dropping his responsibilities around the house, call him out on it – but do it in a way that isn’t an overreaction. If you and your man can calmly work through your problems, he’ll see you as wifey material.
If you’ve ever had a man reject you, break you heart, and pull away, you have to watch Amy's Free Presentation on the Devotion System, where she teaches you how to attract the right guy into your life, and make him commit!